Eating at last one serving of fish per week or twice in a week has been linked to a reduced risk of many diseases. Here are 10 Benefits of fish that are supported by research.
- Some evidence suggests that fish and omega-3 fatty acide may protect our vision in old age.
- Research says that regular fish intake was link to a 42% lower risk of AMD in women.
- Due to high in omega-3 fatty acids, it is essential for brain and eye development.
- Increased consumption of fish improved quality of sleep for most subject. Researchers say that this is due to fish’s high concentration of vitamin D.
- Whether you have hormonal or adult acne, fish can help alleviate your skin. Some evidence suggest that fish oil is beneficial to clearing skin for people with moderate to severe acne.
- If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, which is chronic inflammation of your joints, eating more fish can help alleviate the swelling and pain.
- The omega-3 fatty acids in fish are known to help lower cholesterol-building lipids in the blood, according to the university’s findings.
- Women’s Hospital’s Department of Medicine showed that a moderate consumption of fish will help lower risk of heart failure, due to its high concentration of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- The study showed that people who had a high consumption of fish actually had a lowered risk of digestive cancers, such as oral cavity, pharynx, colon and pancreas cancers.
- Students between the ages of 14 and 15 who ate fatty fish over other meats had higher rates of concentration and were able to pay attention longer in comparison to those who ate less of it.
Now that you know all the 10 benefits of fish, startadding this food in your diet and stay healthy and active throughout the day. Remember! A healthy body promotes a healthy mind and a healthy soul.